Things I won't miss:
- Internet issues
- The mosquitoes
- The heat - most days over 100 sans a/c
- The contaminated water
- The ants/cockroaches/spiders
- The litter
- The power outages, oh wait...
- Sleeping with a fan every night
- Worrying about the kids and heat, sun, insects 24/7
- The open air living noises - dogs, roosters, music, motocarros
- The dust
- The playgrounds
- Limited food/shopping/reading material options
- The extra pounds I lost
Things I will miss:
- The neighborhood kids - definitely high on the list
- The motocarros - always a ride available
- The inexpensive lifestyle
- The fruit juices
- The fish
- Edith and all of her care of us
- The friendly, laid back and courteous people - always a 'buenos dias' from strangers
- The kid's school and big-hearted, hard-working teachers
- Our friends and the ease at which to make new friends daily
- My exercise class - a fast-paced punching/latina dance combo
- Challenging my brain every day with the language
- The interesting flowers, birds, animals
- Boat rides on the lake and river
So, pluses and minuses, like with most things. I thought about some of the things I had worried about before we came and am so pleased some of them did not come to pass. We did not have any trouble with security or getting robbed. We did not have any trouble with accidents needing medical care or serious illness. Other things did come up that I hadn't thought of but all in all we prepared as well as possible and brought the right things with us. People keep asking if we'll be back as a family (david will always be back), I never say never but my thought right now is that I'd like to come back to Peru and South America and leave it at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment