Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The storm before the storm


The preparation to leave our house and take care of everything, that should have been done since we moved in 3 years ago, was surprisingly more exhausting than I had even anticipated. And I knew it would be a lot of work!! A to-do list that would never end which grew from 33 items to 133 nearly did us in! I guess I didn't take into account we'd still have our regular full life of 2 jobs and 2 kids to contend with. But all whining aside, our house is now in great shape and everything in our world has been organized down to the 6 large bags and 5 carry-ons for our adventure.

Luckily we didn't go straight from the frying pan to the fire and had a wonderful respite with our families in the Carolinas before we leave the country tomorrow. They were very helpful and accommodating. Our crazy scheme would not have been possible without that assistance. Especially since I was able to regain my sanity during that time, which will come in handy on tomorrow's travel day.

No comments:

Post a Comment